Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Let Me Introduce You To...The writer of Martini's Musings:






Hi everyone. My name is Tim San Paolo. It was about one year ago that I became aware of the magnificent music of Palma Pascale. And, may I say, made a wonderful new friend in the process of discussing her music with her. Palma has kindly answered a multitude of probing questions for me in order to fill me in on "who did what" and "how she did this and that" for all of her songs. We have communicated a great deal over the past year, and I have found Palm not only to be a phenomenal artist; composer, arranger, pianist, vocalist, conductor - I have found her to be a delightful, warm, compassionate, understanding, encouraging and halarious friend. Oofah! as she says - if you want to hear a funny story, Palm can tell them well. Friendships just don't get any better than this, folks. Thank you, Palma, for taking the time to help me understand things from your perspective as a writer and arranger. Thank you for your candor, your humor, your compassion and your encouragement. THANK YOU, TOO FOR THE MUSIC, and, most importantly, thank you for the friendship we now share.

I have been a musician myself for the past 30+ years, and have enjoyed all sorts of music, ranging from Big Bands to Jazz (piano and vocal) to Pop, Rock, Country and Christian. I have a very soft spot in my heart for the Carpenters, and Billy Joel. Oddly, it was through the connection I have as Global Moderator of a wonderful website called Carpenters Online, that I became acquainted with Palma Pascale.

You see, Palma wrote the wonderful song "Love Me for What I Am", that was recorded by Karen and Richard Carpenter and released in 1975 on their incredible album HORIZON. It was due to an interview that Palma granted to the web master of Carpenters Online (COL), Rick Henry, that I was introduced to her "other" magnificent music.

During the course of this year, it has been an honor and pleasure for me to get to know Palm, and to learn about the music that she has written throughout her career. Palma has written at least two musicals, which will be discussed in this blog: WHAT THE HELL, NELL! and Bachelor Buttons. Further, Palma has compiled two CD's of her pop songs, of which there are many. (More on her catalogue of music in the reviews of "In & Out of Love.")

The pop collections are: "In & Out of Love" and "I'll Leave You The Music." Finally, there is the first CD I was introduced to, and the first one I have chosen to review. This is a collection of contemporary Christian music entitled "The Broken Cup". The Broken Cup is an amazing compilation, and one listen is all it takes to be "hooked" on the awesome talent that is Palma Pascale.

I hope to take you on a wonderful journey of Palma's tunes through "the mind of the ear and the heart" of one who has both enjoyed listening to the music, and who has also performed many of the selections Palma has written, so far.
NOTE: All music is copyrighted by Palma Pascale.

Certainly, there are many individuals who are responsible for the making of these outstanding works. First to be mentioned here is Fred Guarino. Read about Fred's background in the "Credits" thread. Fred is the owner and President of TIKI Recording Studios, Glen Cove, Long Island, NY. Fred is the engineer for Palma, and he is the co-producer of her albums. Fred is an amazing individual, and another whom I've had the pleasure and privledge to get to know over the past year. A truly knowledgeable, kind and considerate individual. Fred is also quite a gifted guitarist, and his lead guitar work can be heard on Palma's recordings. Fred takes great, great care in ensuring that these recordings are first-class, all the way. Much care is taken to all aspects of recording, mixing, editing, etc. It's obvious from the final result that these details are an important "piece" that makes up the "whole." Great job here, Fred. Just outstanding.

Please feel free to post your comments here in Martini's Musings. Why is this blog called Martini's Musings? Ah.....we'll save THAT for another time.....

~Martini

6 Comments:

Blogger Rick Henry said...

Hi Tim, Very nice. Excellent job! Well written and very informative.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time here, and so I'll struggle until I learn how the "controls" work.

Nice site, and great comments.

Dave "AFD" Hromanik

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim: Perfect picture...you at the piano!
Great review...excellent job of writing. I have no musical ability or understanding but I do love hearing music and talking/reading about people who perform.

People in Mountain Home are still talking about your singing and Palma's music. Can't forget "Just Enough Grace for Today!"

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job with the review, Tim. I look forward to listening to Palma's CD "I'll Leave You The Music".

I'm really anxious to hear her rendition of "Love Me For What I Am" too. I'm sure I'm going to love it.

Thanks to Palma (wonderful music), you Tim for being my friend and a big thank you to the Carpenters Online for allowing me to "meet" you and Palma.

Mary Ann

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

tory burch outlet, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, nike roshe run, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, air max, longchamp outlet, nike free, burberry, tiffany and co, ralph lauren pas cher, nike outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp, air jordan pas cher, nike free, oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, gucci outlet, replica watches, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, michael kors, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses

9:06 PM  
Blogger deraz said...

موفع وجهات
حجز فنادق الرياض
فنادق الرياض الفخمة

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home